I’d like to thank everyone who got out to the polls today to make their voices heard. Whether you’re a Democrat or Republican, Green or Libertarian, Reform or Peace & Freedom… you stood up for your ideals and sent your message loud and clear.
Personally, I’m absolutely ecstatic over the returns I’m seeing reported by several sources:
- House: Wresting control of the House away from the Republicans!
- Also: California’s own Nany Pelosi to become the next and first female Speaker of the House!
- Senate: Are we on the verge of a Democratic sweep in Congress?
Results are still pending in Montana and Virginia, though it looks like we might be headed for a recount in Virginia.Looks like we nailed down the Senate, too! Tester wins in Montana (ABC/MSNBC), and Webb’s margin much larger; CNN projects Webb new Senator from VA! (CNN Headline News)
- CALIFORNIA:Four more years of the Governator: Run! Get to the choppah!
- ALSO: Diane Feinstein wins re-election. Whoopty shit.
- CA-11: Pombo shown the door; McNerney declared winner!
- PA: Sayonara, Rick Santorum! Congratulations to Senator-elect Robert Casey, Jr!
- CT: Lieberman has strong GOP support in election.
In 2006, D is for Victory!
You slipped off AIM, eh?
Yeah, it looks like there will be a recount here in Virginia but Webb is still leading at this point (thanks, Northern Virginia!). However, all the wingnuts are happy over this. Welcome to my commonwealth.
California rules. 🙂 I’m not pissed about Ah-nold winning, because Angelides was less than stellar as an alternative.
We also passed a proposition a few years back stating the same, but it was almost overturned by the state legislature. The Governator veto’ed the bill :/ That’s the reason I voted for Angelides.
Angelides was completely uninspiring. I voted for neither.
The system wouldn’t allow me abstain, and I can’t vote for the Governator ever.