If I tagged you, the instructions are that once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you.
1. I can tie a cherry stem into a knot with my tongue. This has not endeared me to the ladies as much as I had hope, but I did pretty well. And I didn’t need to tie the stem in front of her to get her to marry me, either.
2. I currently have two radio shows on the same station. One is the Unwound show, the other is called “WTF.” If you’re wondering where the hell I find the time, your guess is as good as mine. All I can say is, both of them are too much fun to give up. We’ll see how long I can sustain all this before I start putting one or the other into reruns.
3. I can quote whole lines of dialogue from several movies and TV shows on demand.
4. There is no four. Four is bad luck. And I’m not really superstitious.
5. On a whim, I paved over my primary partition and loaded Windows 7 Beta. I’m kind of half-regretting it and half-elated about it. Depends on what happens when I boot it up that will affect my mood. Right now, it’s working, so let’s try not to piss it off, okay?
6. I can (apparently) imitate Meatwad from Aqua Teen Hunger Force. And George Takei. When I was a kid, I once did an impression of Scotty at a Star Trek convention that brought down the house. I won a prize bag of cool stuff, including a hat with Spock ears pasted onto it.
7. I like the thrill of live radio over recorded shows. There’s a kind of rush you get when you’re on the spot all the time, and for some reason I think much better when the pressure is on.
8. I miss convention road trips.
9. I’m a sucker for any decent romantic comedy. Animated or live action.
10. I love dorama night, but I hate it when people don’t give me a definite yes/no answer when I invite them. I don’t understand. Is it because you’re waiting for something better to come along that you have to wait until the last minute to disappoint me and say no?
11. I’m sad that one of my best friends lives 3 hours away from me, now. I miss hanging out with him every day. Can’t believe he’s looking to buy a damn house out there, now. That’s just going to make it permanent, right?
12. I would like to visit Japan. Check things out, see what’s up.
13. I don’t plan on going to any of my high school reunions. I really don’t want to compare lives and explain why I never want children or why I’m agnostic or why I didn’t go into vocal music… Besides, I keep in touch with the people I was close to pretty well, anyway.
14. I would love to staff a convention again someday. But only if my crew comes with, otherwise it would be pointless.
15. I once unleashed a flock of pigeons on three unsuspecting souls in a room at the Disneyland Hotel in 2000. Anime Expo has never been the same.
16. I wish I could quit my job and write full-time. Something tells me, though, that this is more of a grass-is-always-greener situation.
17. Contrary to popular belief, my family doesn’t need children in it in order to be a family. I’m perfectly happy with my wife and our “daughter” C.J.
18. I would really like to spend one week doing nothing but hanging out with Julia, my friends, my cat… watching anime. One weeklong marathon of awesome, just like in the old days!
19. I’m really glad that Dave is hanging out with us more often, now. I really missed him a lot.
20. It took one lunch date to fall in love with Julia.
21. I sleep with music or TV shows playing softly. When I sleep without something on, I usually end up having a nightmare.
22. I drive a Prius, now. I’m obsessed with my mileage; you have no idea.
23. I’m an audiophile. Even though people say that can’t hear a difference, I can tell between 256kbps and 320kbps.
24. My favorite movie of all time is still Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.
25. This isn’t the last one, because I didn’t do one for number four, but I love any/all forms of the game Monopoly. I usually kick ass at it, too.
26. The best alarm clock you could ask for is either a cat purring loudly while it sleeps on top of you, or the first kiss from your wife.
“10. I love dorama night, but I hate it when people don’t give me a definite yes/no answer when I invite them. I don’t understand. Is it because you’re waiting for something better to come along that you have to wait until the last minute to disappoint me and say no?”
I have a thing about making commitments I can’t keep. It drives the various people around me nuts, because they think I’m being wishy-washy. I’d much rather tell someone “maybe” then “no” than “yes” then “no…
However, if you prefer the latter, I will start doing that. ;P
Quite honestly, I usually much rather be at dorama night than the other things I do, but usually the dance commitments (back in Sac) were made for us at the last fucking minute, and part of the contract with being on team was that you had to be on constant stand-by for whatever the fuck they wanted to do. Same with family obligations. It should be a lot better now, what with no dance team and me being around my parents — they actually keep me in the loop now.
dude, that is great stuff! and I have no plans on the reunion either although I have loved facebook and connecting with people, even if it’s not as much as I’d like.
and I’m sure you’ve seen it, but just in case: http://www.khaaan.com (although I can’t get it to work…)