One of the new years’ resolutions I’m going to try and stick to for one year from the Fourth of July is to blog at least once a day (either publicly or privately). So this means that sometimes you’ll see a post from me and sometimes you won’t. This particular resolution will be judged solely by me. But, I guess I should maybe talk a little bit more about what’s been going on lately:
- I recently celebrated my 34th birthday about two weeks ago on the nineteenth. I was very heartened to have a large number of friends show up for the party and we had a lot of fun, into the wee hours of the night and actually on to the next day.
- Shocking News: I managed to stay employed with the same company for more than a year. In fact, on July 7th, I’ll be celebrating Year Two with this company! I haven’t done that since 2002, when I was with PayPal.
- One of my best friends moved up here from Fresno and is now living right next door in his own place.
- Since my last post, we’ve moved into a house, which is infinitely better than an apartment.
- I staffed Fanime in May, which was one of the things I swore I would never do again, but Rob was rather convincing and since Japan-A-Radio was there, it made sense to bring me on to staff.
- I’m playing and managing my company’s softball team. I’m having a lot of fun with it, even though we’re in second-to-last place in our division.
- I’ve lost some weight, but I don’t know how much.
As with every birthday, I use June 19th to set some resolutions for the new year. I took a break from resolutions for my 33rd year, which was a gift to myself. But now that I’m 34, I’ve decided to make some and see how long before I break them. Here they are, in no particular order:
- I am resolved to write a blog post every day for a year. The blog posts can be public or private.
- I am resolved to lose at least 25 pounds this year.
- I am resolved to restart and maintain my sit-up and push-up program for the next six months.
- I am resolved to do cardio three times a week (DDR, swimming, cycling).
- I am resolved to finish writing two novels and ten short stories this year.
- I am resolved to winning National Novel Writing Month for 2010.
- I am resolved to not bite off more than I can chew. My wife knows what that means.
I’m not asking for people to help me with these. I know I have enough self-discipline to carry this out, and I’ll see it through to the end. With my recent softball experience, I’m noticing that my weight has become a hindrance to my performance on the field, and since we’re all going to continue playing over the summer, I want to be able to do more. Besides, pretty soon I’ll be 40 and that’ll be it for me, even for recreational softball leagues… unless I get back down to a manageable size. My wife will help me where I need it, and that’s really all I can ask for.
On a less serious note, I’d like to go to more Giants games. Especially now that Shon’s here full time. We really need to take him up to church so he can worship with me at the Altar of Bonds. Maybe I’ll convert him to my baseball “cult.”
In site news: I upgraded this thing to WP 3.0 — it’s actually pretty awesome.
How’s your summer going?