I’d like to think that I’ve been a faithful member of I mean, you really can’t beat the price for such a really well-written site like theirs. As an aside, I do purchase the advanced memberships on a quasi-quarterly basis. I figure if I ever leave it, or if it crashes, I’ll be all right. I still have all of my stories formatted in URL form, anyway. I manipulated the HTML 2.0 stuff so my stories over there will look halfway decent, instead of the crap that Word churns out. They’re a big beleiver in using the paragraphing code, rather than just letting the indentation code do its job. I think my method of hand editing makes the story easier on the eyes.

Anyway, so as of tomorrow, will split into two sites: the same ol’, and, of which I’m already a member. How did this happen? Simple. I already had my Hope Station stuff up on the site, and so that automagically moves my crap over there. But I’m a little confused as to how to manage it all, now, because I’m so used to having everything in one place. Did the original content on get to be so much that they actually needed to create a dedicated website for it? That’s nearly insane, when you think about it. I mean, the fanfics are enough to make me gag, but I didn’t honestly think original works were in such abundance in the fanfic community.

Right now, I’m working on the same three stories as time permits me to. I think eventually I’m going to have to find a fourth one, because now I’m exhausting myself over trying to get these stories written. But, I did finally come up with my H-ship name. Hood.

Related posts


Skip to comment form

    • firepuff on February 15, 2003 at 05:43

    I was just looking at your site and wondering why there was only 5 ‘stories’ listed. Now I know why. 🙂

    • nixnivis on February 15, 2003 at 09:10

    Just make sure you keep your H-ship far away from the Bismarck… 🙂

    • jetblack on February 15, 2003 at 09:17

    But, I already did my B-ship. 🙂 Bellerophon.

    — ZC

    • nixnivis on February 15, 2003 at 09:52

    For some reason, I still don’t think your Hood will be safe… 🙂

    • jetblack on February 16, 2003 at 01:07

    *laugh* I have a tendancy to bring angst. Of course, that’s really what The Quarterdeck Breed is all about. After 15+ years of watching and reading Enterprise-centric stories, when Deep Space Nine and Voyager opened the door up toward other venues and starships that have as big an impact on future history, it becomes part of the big question: What other ships do as much? Is the Enterprise the norm for Starfleet, or does it have some sort of prestige above the mundane Starfleet duties? I’d like to think that at least 75% of what we watched on The Next Generation is mundane work for Starfleet, while the other 25% is above and beyond that. Visits from Q, time travelling, first contact, engagements with the Borg… these are not exactly part of a standard duty shift, right?

    — ZC

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

%d bloggers like this: