song: Jewel Song
any special meaning to you: Not really
any memories: Not really
who would you dedicate it to: to all those seeking something to sleep by
who do you think would dedicate it to YOU: No.
are you a fan of the artist: It wouldn’t be on my iPod if I wasn’t.
song: Run All The Way!
artist: Megumi Hayashibara
favourite part of lyrics: keredo genjitsu no yume wa shindari shinai to shinjiteru yo
which genre would you put it in: Anime/J-Pop
which feeling does it portray (eg, love, heartbreak): Confidence
is it sung by a girl or boy: girl
favorite song by that artist: Natu no Uneri
song: BYE! MY BOY!
artist: the brilliant green
which number is it on your playlist: it’s not numbered
who wrote it: they did
does it have any swears in it: no
which country is the artist from: Japan
would you recommend the song: Sure, it’s a fun song.
song: Sou da! We’re Alive
artist: Morning Musume
does the title relate to the lyrics: Yep
does it describe your current emotion: I am alive, so I guess so.
What’s the first word in the song: Doryoku
how did you find out the artist: Thank you, Hey! Hey! Hey!
song: White Reflection
does it make you sad: Only because it’s closely associated with the crappy anime, Gundam Wing.
do your friends listen to it: Yes.
how old is the song: More than 5 years, but less than a decade.
what mood does it generate: Up-tempo.
would you listen to it all the way through: Yep.
which genre would you put it in: J-Pop
any special meaning to you: aiko always has a special place in my heart
does your mom like it: She’s not really into Japanese music.
which album is it from: Chiisana marui koujitsu
song: A Boozehound Named Barney
artist: The cast of ‘The Simpsons’
who do you think would dedicate it to YOU: LOL, no one.
does it bring up any memories: Many.
do you sing along to it: Absolutely.
does it describe your life at this moment: heh, no.
did it ever?: Not really… I don’t drink.
song: Last Dinosaur
artist: The Pillows
favorite song by the artist: Ride on Shooting Star
which genre would it be: J-Pop
are the lyrics meaningful: There are none.
how old is the song: 6 years
is it well known or no: Anyone who saw FLCL heard this song.
song: Deep Dish
artist: Ani DiFranco
is it sung by a girl or boy: girl
how many times have you listened to it before: My iPod says none, but iTunes says 10 on the play count.
how long have you had it on your playlist: Since forever.
which number is it on the playlist: No number.
bring up any memories: My ex-wife.
song: The Sign
artist: Ace of Base
similar to which other song: Don’t Turn Around (same beat).
who would you dedicate it to: Every ex I ever had.
what emotion is the song about: Shitty relationships.
is it hard to sing vocally: Nope.
do you like it: It’s in my playlist.
Shuffle and write down the 5 songs that came up:
1. Give a Reason – Megumi Hayashibara
2. Boys & Girls – Ayumi Hamasaki
3. Bob – aiko
4. Forever Broke – The Seatbelts
5. Shiny Love – Kasahara Hiroko
1. Do you like number 5? Yes.
2. Favorite song by artist #3? Sakura no Toku – First song I heard by her.
3. Any special meaning with #1? Other than it being damn near a theme song for me and Todd while driving.
4. Which one of the five do you listen to the most? #1
5. Which one do you listen to the least? Sad to say, Forever Broke.
6. Does your mum listen to any of the 5 of them? LOL, no.
7. First song you’ve ever heard of the five? Give a Reason.
8. Which one of the 5 is the “soundtrack to your life”? Give a Reason, Shiny Love, and Boys & Girls
9. Favorite lyric of the 5 different songs? Nothing really springs to mind.
10. Which one is least like your current emotion/theme? Bob.
11. Least favorite lyric of the 5 songs? None.
12. Have you ever felt like dedicating one of them to anyone special? Not really.
13. Which one mostly describe the situation with your crush/partner? I could probably say Forever Broke, but I’ll go with Shiny Love. 😉
14. Which one do you think you’ll still love in the next 10 years? All of them.
15. Which genre are majority of the songs from? Japanese (anime or J-Pop)
(ganked from many)
1. My uncle once: hired me for two summers and asked me to build his first Windows PC for his office.
2. Never in my life have I: skydived.
3. The one person who can drive me nuts, but then can always manage to make me smile:
4. High School is/was: memorable.
5. When I’m nervous: I laugh.
6. The last time I cried was: after watching Rent.
7. If I were to get married right now, my bridesmaids/groomsmen would be: Todd, Jody, and Tap.
9. My feet are: size 13.5s
10. When I was six: I skipped first grade.
11. Last Christmas I: introduced Julia to my family.
12. When I turn my head left, I see: the door to my office
13. When I turn my head right, I see: fidelis compiling.
14. When I look down, I see: my keyboard and my tall glass of iced tea.
15. The craziest recent event was: going on tons of job interviews and ending up with 2 job offers from 2 companies I didn’t even want to interview with.
16. If I was a character on ‘Friends’ I’d be: Chandler.
17. By this time next year: I will have season tickets to the Giants, and I’ll be married.
18. My favorite kind of tea is: Nestea or Lipton.
19. I have a hard time understanding: Math.
20. One time at a family gathering: my sister shocked my mom by telling her that she eloped with her boyfriend.
21. You know I “like” you if: I tell you.
22. If I won an award, the first person (people) I’d thank is: my muse.
23. Take my advice: 30 Helens don’t always agree.
24. My ideal breakfast is: Scrambled eggs, fried potatoes, refried beans, and flour tortillas.
25. If you visit my hometown: and if you find something interesting to do, let me know.
26. Where do you plan to visit anytime soon: Anaheim and Maui in July.
27. If you spend the night at my house: Good luck finding a place to sleep.
29. The world could do without: Neo-conservatives.
30. I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: lick the belly of a cockroach.
31. Most recent thing you’ve bought yourself: Laundry service.
32. Most recent thing someone else bought you: Food.
33. My favorite blonde is: Marilyn Monroe. (didn’t see that coming, did you?)
34. My favorite brunette/black is:
35. My favorite red head is: Too many to list.
36. And by the way: I have a sexy ass.
37. Last time you got high: Never.
38. The animal I would like to see flying besides birds: dogs. I think having a flying dog as a companion would rule.
39. I shouldn’t have been: nervous when asking Julia out.
40. Once, at a bar/club: I watched Super Bowl XXIV with my dad.
41. Last night: we played Trivial Pursuit, watched Kids in the Hall, and fell asleep.
42. There’s this girl I know who: ruins a conversation by opening her mouth.
43. This guy I know: acts like an ass and then wonders why no one likes him.
44. A better name for me would be: asshole.
45. If I ever go back to school: it will be to get my degree(s).
46. My birthday is: not too far away.
1) Where did you graduate from and what year?
I went to Branham High originally, but it closed after my freshman year :(. I transferred to and graduated from Leigh High School in 1994.
2) Did you have school pride?
Not really. I left that to the cheerleaders and boosters.
3) Best Dance Ever?
It’s a toss-up between Junior Prom and Senior Ball. Junior Prom I went with this awesome girl, Jaime, who I was always wanting to go out with, and ended up spending the night at her place (on the couch). My mom got ultra-worried because I didn’t call and she ended up tracking me down at her place. As soon as I got home, I went right to bed and my dad had to hold back my mom from throttling me for being so inconsiderate. Thank you, Dad. For Senior Ball, I invited a friend of mine who was a junior in college at the time, Julie. She dressed to slay and did so. There were some reprecussions from that later… see other meme (100 things about me you didn’t know).
4) Do you own all 4 Yearbooks?
Sadly, no. My sophomore yearbook was ripped off.
5) What was the worst trouble you ever got into?
Almost didn’t graduate because I cut Economics the entire semester and had to go to night school to make it up with time to spare 🙂 Found out I actually liked Econ. I never got into trouble for going off-campus in spite of Leigh being a closed campus, I even walked onto school grounds in full view of our principal carrying a McDonald’s bag. As my buddy (who drove) shat himself, the principal asked me if I brought back anything for him… so I gave him my fries. He let me by and I went back to school. 🙂
6) What kind of people did you hang out with?
Band geeks, choir nerds… though, at my high school (a performing arts magnet), band and choir weren’t really considered geeky.
7) What was your number 1 choice of College in HS?
Oddly enough, I had a different college every year. My freshman year, I wanted to go to UCLA. My sophomore year, it was San Jose State. My junior year, it was UCSB, and my senior year, I realy really wanted to go to UOP (University of the Pacific). I ended up going to West Valley Community, instead 😛
8) What radio station did you jam out to in highschool?
I didn’t really jam to it, but KNBR. Occasionally KARA and KEZR.
9) Were you involved in any organizations or clubs?
Spanish Club Vice-President (jr) and President (sr), founded the school’s SADD chapter, stage managed two shows for the fall drama plays, acted in the spring musicals, taught the fresh-soph all-girls choir my senior year. I played Badminton, and I was first chair for the varisty Chess team. Yes, I got a letter for Chess. Bite me.
10) What were your favorite classes in High School?
Literature, History, Choir, and Marching Band.
11) Who was your big crush in High School?
I did not really have a big crush until my senior year. But we did date, and I think I overwhelmed her because she was the first person I actually realized that I loved. She broke up with me about a month after we decided to start seeing each other.
12) Would you say you’ve changed a lot since high school?
13) What do you miss the most about it?
Not a whole lot. I think maybe the opportunity to sing every day and play an instrument every day… so choir and band foremost. The musicals were fun, too.
14) Your worst memory of HS?
Going through the drama of my parents separating during my junior year.
15) Did you have a car?
No… I didn’t gank the family car until I turned 18 and no longer needed my parents’ permission to get a license. I had a bike for everywhere else before then.
16) What were your school colors?
Green and Gold for Leigh, and Blue and White for Branham.
17) Who were your favorite teachers?
Mr. Neff and Mrs. Ward from choir, both of them were incredibly supportive of me pursuing my vocal training. I feel bad that I didn’t. Ms. Cortese for Spanish, who I crushed on and was really friendly (professionally). Mr. Fisher for Biology, who was hilariously funny and fondly remembered by everyone at Leigh and Branham. Mr. Smith, the chess team coach and physics teacher.
18) Did you own a cell phone in highschool?
In 1994? Um, no. I did have a pager, though.
19) Did you leave campus for lunch?
When my buddy Paul got his license and a car, hell yes.
20) If so, where was your fav. place to go eat?
McDonald’s and Taco Bell… because we only had 35 minutes and they were the closest.
21) Were you always late to class?
No. I worked out a system to make sure I was in my seat with time to spare… not. I was mostly on time… the only times I was early was when Todd and I would spend lunch in a classroom that I had class in right after… playing rummy.
22) Did you ever have to stay for Saturday School?
There was no Saturday School. That was only in the Breakfast Club.
23) Did you ever ditch?
Yes, but mostly during my senior year. For full days, I would have my friend Andy call up the office as my “Uncle Nacho” and he would get me excused anytime he wanted to hang with me for the day. My dad and mom never found out that he did that a lot. 🙂
24) When it comes time for the reunion will you be there?
My 5 and 10-year reunions came and went and seemed to survive without my presence. I might go to the 15.
25) Do you wish you were still in high school?
Super hell no.
List ten things you want to say to people but know you never will.
– Don’t say who they are.
– Disable comments.
– Never discuss it again.
I can’t do this meme. I’m not passive-aggressive, and if I had something to say, I’ll just come out and say it to your face without fear. All the apologies have already been said, and all the last words have already been spoken. If you’re here on this list, it’s because you’re a friend, and when I make my cuts, you’ll know exactly why I did it. I don’t play mind games with my friends, and if you know me enough to know that, then let this serve as nothing more than a reminder.
If you feel otherwise, or you’ve got a problem with me, then use the comment function below to tell me so, and we’ll deal with it head-on. They’re screened, just in case you need privacy. But don’t follow the advice of venting and then never discussing it again… how exactly does that solve the problem?